IT Security Intern
IT Security Intern
We are now seeking interns to work as security researchers and augment the rest of the teams. Based on successful all-around performance, the candidate may be offered a full time employment at the end of one year. Apart from the fundamental requirements listed further below, the ideal candidate understands that fully embracing an attitude of ownership, proving character integrity, and learning with an attitude of appreciation, will put him/her in direct line for being offered a full time position at the end of one year.
The role is largely based in conducting security research. Work ethics along with timeliness and an anticipatory vision in seeing beyond the obvious are valuable characteristics of the intern who wishes to thrive in the company, for the purpose of future growth and advancement.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducts security research and writing tools to contribute to the company’s 'know-how'
- Writes decent code and documents it well
- Write programs in C, Go or Ruby and/or Python, and use SQL
- Experienced with security tools: Burp proxy, Metasploit, Nessus, Kali, and others
- Some knowledge of Windows internals: registry, processes, portable executable format, scheduled tasks, users and groups, active directory, event logs, NTFS and FAT file systems, and scripting interfaces
- Some knowledge of network protocols: HTTP, FTP, SSH, DNS, etc.
- Some knowledge of network infrastructure: Active Directory, Windows Server, Databases, Web Servers, Linux etc.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- Professional demeanour and appearance
- Prioritize tasks as directed
- Cultivated work discipline, email acknowledged and/or replied promptly, messages returned same day are non-negotiable musts
- Punctuality - at work, calls and any other meetings
Beyond his or her technical skills, the successful applicant should first and foremost be someone who is personable and good-natured, neatly presentable, and efficient. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills be considered as best matches with the culture and environment of the Company.
The candidate’s work ethics should include dedication and conscientious awareness and focus to deliver the best outcomes.
To apply to work with Mossé Security, please email your curriculum vitae and contact details to [email protected].