Professional skills that every cyber security professionals should nurture
Here are 10 things, that when done consistently, generate amazing results:
- Do work that makes a difference for people who care
- Take action – accomplish 20 to 50 tasks a day
- Have meetings in places equipped for serious business conversations
- Research, prepare, and come to meetings with an agenda
- Lead with “how” and “what” questions
- Practice Active Listening
- Communicate your objectives and goals
- Hold people accountable for following instructions
- Deliver what you promise
Don’t be an a—hole to people who want to help you (even if their help comes with a fee)
- Don’t bend the truth, tell half-truth, or lies
- Give people the benefit of the doubt
- Give people a chance to make things right
- Accept the fact that good people mess things up from time to time
- Accept that you’re going to mess things up from time to time, and when you do, own it completely, learn from the experience and make it right
Anybody can do these things.
Good leaders do these things.
Great cyber security professionals do these things.
Inspire your team members to do these things as well.